Choose the right platform
a new way of thinking
The financial world is packed full of jargon, but you don’t have to be a financial advisor to monitor your own investments.
In this article we will take you through everything that you need to know about platforms, and how they can help you to work with your financial advisor, managing your money wherever it or you are in the world.
A platform is basically a secure way of accessing your portfolio of investments. Although the moving of your money is undertaken by your financial advisor, you can monitor its progress online with just one password or the touch of a button.
Without a platform, all of your pensions and investments may be spread around different product providers, meaning different logins and paperwork for you to handle. The use of a platform allows you to access all of your funds – paper, and more importantly, stress free.
Private investors can enjoy a real-time view of their investment portfolio whether that be in pensions, tax wrappers, trusts or bonds, investment funds, alternative assets, ETF’s , direct shares, property funds and cash.
*A wrapper is a way of holding money under favoured taxation and legislation rules.
Think of a platform in almost the same way you would online banking. It is information about your investments at your fingertips and today £248 billion of investment are held in platforms in the UK alone.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
A platform offers a huge range of investments for consideration, as we covered earlier, these include:
- Fixed interest securities – where you get a fixed rate of return but the value behind the scenes is subject to change.
- Mixed asset funds – which are actively managed by professional fund managers.
- Alternative investments
- Risk-rated portfolios
- Exchange trade funds – which can be high risk and will be explained by your financial advisor if it’s beneficial to you.
- Property investments and cash
- Structured products
Guardian Wealth Management are proud to announce our very own platform, iGuard, managed by highly experienced, highly qualified, senior investment managers at SIM – Smart Investment Management, based in London.
With iGuard, SIM provides discretionary investment services through Praemium – a leading investment administrative platform; thus ensuring that SIM actively manage your model portfolio, while you benefit from GWMs pooling of client funds. The benefit being that you get full and precise fund management tailored to you, for a fraction of the cost. We have developed our own range of risk-rated funds, from ‘defensive’ to ‘aggressive+’ as well as our own iStar funds, which offer exposure to the very best structured products.
- iGuard allows you 24/7 access to all of your investments on your laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- iGuard maximises your investment possibilities.
- Allows your financial adviser access and administer to your portfolio 24/7.
- Cuts admin time, reduces the burden of paperwork.
- Holds your pension and investment accounts in one safe place.
- Allows you to work with your advisor to choose the portfolio to meet your investment risk requirement.
- Gives you transparency over fees therefore keeping them competitive.
- Allows you to be in constant contact with your financial advisor wherever you are in the world.
If you want a clear and transparent involvement in how your investments are managed and to monitor how well they are working for you then choose a platform; choose iGuard.